The Lord put a word on my heart that I must share with you. Not sharing would be to deny water to the thirsty.
Someone needs to hear this today…
Several years ago, I’ll never forget I heard Pastor Dr. Greg Cook talk about how we’re all “self-deceived deceivers.” Spot on!
Since I was a small child, I struggled with a deep-seated sense of worthlessness. Perhaps it was my upbringing or a traumatic event I can’t remember. It was a lie I believed about myself and that lie shaped my life in many ways for many years. It led to chaos, destruction, and casualties in the lives of others. But, over the years, Christ delivered victory. To God be the Glory!
To a greater or lesser extent, we all believe lies about ourselves and our value as a human beings. We believe a deception, then we deceive ourselves, then we deceive others by putting up a facade. Finally, we believe the facade is the real us – forgetting who we are. The false notion becomes so real that our lives can be built on a lie we believed long ago. Many times, we’re not aware that we’re acting on a false belief about ourselves.
Maybe someone made you feel worthless at some point in your life. The devil got a foothold in your mind and breathed out lies that you believe to this day.
DO NOT believe lies the devil or the world have told you to believe about yourself!
The TRUTH is, you are so very valuable! You have many fine qualities. You are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). Therefore, you have intrinsic value and worth. No one, not even you, can change that reality. The truth is the truth regardless if you believe it or not. Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for you. He took your sin and worthlessness upon himself. He gave you the crown of life and the keys to his Kingdom.
Ask the Lord to reveal to you the lies you believe about yourself. Ask him to use other Christian brothers and sisters who love you to help you see clearly and believe the truth. Repent of believing a lie and believe the Gospel. Preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to yourself each day and believe it!
Here are some truths to believe:
– In Christ, you are WORTHY because He is WORTHY! (Roman 8:17, Rev. 5:12) That is TRUTH!
– You have so many fine qualities, talents, gifts and beauty in who God made you to be. There is only one you! This is TRUTH!
– You are loved by the creator of the universe, who knitted you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139). This is TRUTH!
– You did not choose the circumstances of your birth but, God ordained them in His providence (Acts 17:26). This is TRUTH!
– Before the foundations of the world, the Lamb was slain for you (Rev. 13:8). This is TRUTH!
– Therefore, you were, you are and you always will be part of God’s Story (Eph. 2:8-10). This is TRUTH!
– It is NO accident you are on this earth. Today was and is in God’s plan for you. This is TRUTH!
If you have experienced victory in Christ over deep-seated feelings of worthlessness, praise Him afresh today! Now, help someone else experience that same victory. Encourage someone, tell someone they are valuable and they have many fine qualities.
You have the power to influence conversations tonight by how you serve and treat people in your life today. What is the story you want told this evening? …. Begin by telling it now.
Someone once said, “All of Christ for all of life!” Make it so, Lord!