Thanksgiving is tomorrow.
We have much for which to be thankful. If I’m being honest, my thankfulness is often superficial and settles on ‘me-centered’ stuff. Sometimes, I may dive a little deeper into the ocean of gratitude and be thankful to God for my wife (for example). Let’s start there…
- Have I expressed that l am thankful that God’s power sustains the heart beat of the woman I love?
- Have I said thank you for His mighty hand that designed and orchestrated the process that we should brought together in the first place?
- Am I thankful for the Cross?
- Am I thankful for God’s loving-kindness toward me?
Consider: God’s plans
- Jeremiah 29:11 tells of God’s ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you Hope and a future.‘
- Psalm 139:16 reaches further into the eternal: ‘all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.’
Know: Psalm 100
“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.”
Explore: God’s Goodness
It takes effort but the seeds sown bear the fruit of rich Thankfulness!
Read: A.W. Tozer – Knowledge of the Holy (Chapter 16) The Goodness of God
“What if you work up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?” (Victor Marx ) What would your life look like?
Want a personal relationship with God? Consider this wonderful offer….