This video is designed to help the Christian to guide and navigate discussions in a helpful and positive direction.
A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.
Focus on what is Good, True and Beautiful
Ask yourself these four questions:
- What is good that we can celebrate, promote and preserve?
- What is missing we can contribute?
- What is evil we can stop?
- What is broken we can restore?
Share your story and encourage others to share with you.
- Share your best memory from this year.
- Share your biggest challenge, loss, failure, or heartbreak.
- Share what you learned or how you changed this year.
- Share one thing you would change about yourself or the world around you.
Help people to think by asking really good questions:
- What do you mean by that?
- How did you come to that conclusion?
Respond with kindness and a gentle answer… “Thank you for sharing your point of view. This conversation has been valuable to me.”
Break the stereotypes and narratives by allowing people who may be at odds with you to see a really Christian.
Remember, you are not called to ‘win’ arguments, you are called to be a witness.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” MATTHEW 5:14-16
This is great advice for any time of the year! Thanks, Lance!
Thank you Christy!